I don't know how it is with you, but when I'm out of ideas or I don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, but my sweet appetite doesn't give me peace, I make a cake :)) It's easy and quick to do, you can play with the ingredients, and at the end you can garnish the fluff with a little melted chocolate or any other icing you can think of 😉
So, today I propose a cake recipe with which you can sweeten your weekend
- 80 g butter
- 4 tablespoons flavored sugar with lemon
- 100 g old powder
- 5 eggs
- 150 g yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 280 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- For the glaze:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g butter
- 50 ml cream for whipped cream / liquid whipped cream (you can put even more if you want thinner icing)
Preparation Check with lemon:
The soft butter, left at room temperature, is mixed with powdered sugar and lemon flavored sugar.
- I had prepared the flavored sugar with lemon peel beforehand. I prepared a lemon powder according to the recipe HERE which I then mixed with powdered sugar (1-2 teaspoons per 100 g of sugar).
- If you do not have this flavored sugar you can use fresh lemon peel
After the composition has become creamy, we start to add the eggs, one by one, mixing well after each one, the yogurt and the lemon juice, and at the end the flour mixed with the baking powder and a pinch of salt.
Pour the composition into a large cake pan (30 cm long) lined with baking paper and bake on medium heat for about an hour. The check will lightly brown on the surface and crack. The toothpick test will also be done.
Remove the cake on a grill and leave to cool, during which time we will prepare the chocolate icing .
Melt the broken chocolate pieces over low heat together with the butter and whipped cream. Homogenize and set aside. Pour warm over the cake and portion as desired.
- Chocolate icing is purely optional. The cake can be kept simple or powdered with sugar.