Choosing a built-in oven can be a really difficult task, because there is a huge variety of products and prices. To help you, we gathered some information from reports and tests made by experts, so we could choose the best 10 built-in ovens available on the market right now.
Check the price
For those who cook in the oven constantly and appreciate the taste of cooked food, the choice of the best built-in oven is an essential necessity. But what are those significant technical features that make the difference when you aim to buy the best of all the built-in oven offers on the market? We will find out this information together in this article that aims to give you the support you need to make an inspired purchase.
Types of built-in ovens
You can choose between the two models of built-in ovens on the market, depending on the advantages and disadvantages of each:
Built-in gas oven
With a lower purchase price, the built-in gas oven is the classic option used by Romanians for years due to the habit of cooking in this traditional way. However, the price of gas consumed each month will be reflected in the size of the monthly bill. Also, in the case of the built-in gas oven there are other associated risks, such as gas leaks or food burning.
Built-in electric oven
Electric ovens have a higher price, its obvious disadvantage compared to classic models, but also many important advantages :
- The cooking of the food is done without risks at the temperature and time exactly provided in the recipes;
- The price of electricity is lower than that of gas;
- It has child protection functions;
- There are no gas leaks;
- The dishes used in such an oven are not damaged;
- The oven temperature is constant and adjustable according to preferences;
- With a simple and fast installation, they are ideal in areas not connected to the gas network.
Our advice is to choose models from the range of built-in electric ovens due to the many advantages presented above. Being an important investment for your family, the higher price should not be a problem in choosing it, especially since the amortization of the purchase cost will be done quickly. But what are the specific technical details of the best built-in electric oven ? Let's analyze them together!
Features of the ideal built-in electric oven
This aspect is important because we are talking about built-in models that must fit perfectly in a limited space. This is the first measurement you need to make before moving on to finding the perfect model. You can find the exact dimensions of each oven model on the internet and analyze their dimensions.
In a modern kitchen the detail of the oven design is important, even if it costs more. Choose models with a stainless steel finish instead of enameled ones for a modern and pleasant look, assuming that the maintenance of this surface is more difficult.
Number and positioning of oven racks
A large number of shelving options give you a wider range of options for using the built-in electric oven. Thus, you will be able to use the oven much more efficiently, cooking with both large pots and various containers placed closer to the heat source. Our recommendation is to choose an oven with a minimum of five shelf positions.
Covered heating elements
The models that have the covered heating elements make their cleaning much easier to perform. Also, models that have a catalytic coating help a lot to clean the inside of the oven which increases their efficiency of use.
Additional features and options
Many of the built-in oven models on the market offer, in addition to the basic functions, additional options that, even if they increase the purchase price of the product, prove to be extremely useful in using the product. Here are some additional features and options that you may want to consider:
- Rapid preheating – is a function that reduces the preheating time of the oven using a higher power until the desired temperature is reached, but with a higher consumption of electricity.
- Defrosting – is an option that is done with the help of a fan that works without heating or at a low temperature, circulating the air inside to speed up the thawing of food.
- Automatic cooking programs – configured with cooking times and temperatures necessary for the preparation of certain dishes from which the consumer only chooses; this is the case with steaks on the tray, certain cakes, bread and pizza.
- Roaster – is a useful option for cooking meat in this specific way
- Steam cooking – a function that can be found in three models:
- ovens offering only steam cooking,
- multifunctional ovens that offer a combination of traditional baking and steam cooking;
- ovens that offer the option of moisture by adding steam to the normal baking process to keep the dishes moist.
Quality of manufacturing materials
Because we are talking about an important investment in our lives, which will influence us many years from now on, it is good to pay attention to the quality of the materials of which the oven is composed:
- the inner oven light bulb must be easy to replace;
- oven racks must have a safety locking system to prevent them from slipping accidentally;
- the telescopic arms help the stability of the oven shelves and ensure a smoother sliding of them.
- the upper heating grille must be located as close as possible to the oven ceiling or have a protective shield to prevent possible injuries;
- the oven door must be light, easy to open and open in any position;
- the oven door glass must allow clear visibility of the interior.
High value products, such as built-in electric ovens, must have a warranty period of at least two years. Focus on products from well-known brands that sell built-in ovens, as you will have an extended warranty. You will also have post-quality assurance services in their professional services.
Taking all this information into account, choosing the best built-in oven will be much easier and more enjoyable. Establish a satisfactory purchasing budget first. Then, search online for a preliminary list of models that fit your selection criteria, and only then can you go to the nearest store that sells those models to test them. Don't rush or skip the preliminary stages! A good investment saves you many future problems and can make your life much more comfortable. Increase shopping and cooking!
Click to rate this post!
Total: 5 Average: 4.4