Choosing an induction hob can be a really difficult task, because there is a huge variety of products and prices. To help you, we gathered some information from reports and tests made by experts, so we could choose the best 10 induction hobs available on the market at the moment.
Check the price
The induction hob is an ideal option for those who are not connected to the gas network or for those who want a safer and more convenient way to prepare food. It only manages to heat the cooking vessel, while the space around the vessel remains cold. The explanation is simple: induction hobs create a magnetic field within the induction zone, and the heat generated by the friction forces heats the vessel.
We present the technical characteristics of the best models on the market, according to the opinions about induction hobs expressed by specialists, but also by their users.
Advantages of using the induction hob
The induction hob is much safer than the classic stove. Heating the vessel only considerably reduces the risk of a domestic accident. Most models have sensors that prevent food from catching fire or, if the dish is no longer on the stove, stop it from working.
Another advantage of the induction hob is the high temperature control accuracy of the appliance. With the help of sensors, the temperature of the hob adapts to the size of the vessel and distributes it evenly over its surface. The result will be an advantageous one: reduced cooking time and healthy food cooking.
The induction hob has a higher operating power than most other cooking methods. Their power is between 50 watts and 3.6 Kw, managing to heat food very quickly and thus reduce cooking time.
As we have seen so far, the induction hob consumes much less than a gas hob, reducing consumption by up to 50%, thus giving it superior energy efficiency. In addition, this type of induction hob makes the kitchen easier because it is very easy to clean.
Criteria for choosing the best induction hob
Once you have decided to purchase an induction hob, we recommend that you carefully consider its technical characteristics to make the best choice for you.
Number of stitches and dimensions
When choosing an induction hob you have to take into account both the number of stitches or the size you want for your hob. Choosing the right model depends on your particular needs to prepare several dishes at once.
The power of the hob
If the induction hob will be located in an apartment kitchen, you will definitely not need one with very high power. But if you want to invest in an induction hob for a professional kitchen, we recommend you to choose a hob as strong as possible for maximum efficiency.
The security offered
Another important feature to keep in mind when choosing an induction hob is the safety it offers. The better the materials from which it is made, the greater this safety. We recommend that you avoid buying induction hobs from unknown companies and choose brands that pay more attention to the quality of the components.
Additional functions and options
The quality of an induction hob is also given by the additional functions and options incorporated by it. E.g:
- Pressure sensors for adjusting the hob power to the size of the heated vessel;
- Induction hob timer function that allows setting the desired time for cooking or cooking certain dishes;
- Predetermined cooking programs for certain types of dishes or foods. They can help you not to waste time with the daily adjustment of the power of the hob or the cooking time for the chosen dishes;
- Exact temperature control is a function that allows you to precisely adjust the hob temperature in the process of cooking food. Each food has an optimal cooking temperature and to avoid excessive boiling and loss of vitamins or nutrients it is good to keep this in mind. Therefore, we recommend that you choose an induction hob that allows temperature control, which has values between 6 and 220 degrees Celsius;
- Automatic vessel detection is a function found in most induction hobs and involves automatic detection of the presence of a vessel on the cooking surface. Removing the pot causes the hob to turn off automatically after 60 seconds, both to prevent waste of electricity and to prevent domestic accidents;
- Quiet operation is an option appreciated by home consumers. The only noises can be generated by the hob cooling fan or by the vibrations of the lighter vessels placed on the induction hob.
Ease of installation
When you decide to buy an induction hob, you need to consider how to install it in your own kitchen. Check that the plate you have chosen fits perfectly for the space available and that it has all the instructions you need to install it yourself without any problems.
Service and warranty
The choice of a quality induction hob can be supported by the decision to purchase products from top companies in the field, for two reasons:
- concern for the quality of the manufacturing materials of the products made by them;
- the guarantee offered by them for at least 24 months, with the possibility of repairing the defective components in their own services.
A product purchased from an unknown company may be cheaper at the time of purchase, but you will quickly discover that they have low reliability and operate outside the quality standards of the European Union. In the long run, it will prove to be a bad investment. It is also important that the product manufacturer has service points in your locality to get quick help if you have problems with the purchased product.
Choosing the best induction hob
If you take into account all these criteria and features presented, choosing the best induction hob becomes a formality. Set an average purchase price because the differences between the models is not so great. Then, analyze online the offers presented by the trading companies so as not to waste time traveling physically in various stores and choose the best model for you. All you have to do is cook with pleasure and safety on the chosen induction hob.
Click to rate this post!
Total: 101 Average: 4.3